I used to be pretty skeptical about gaming phones, and for the most part, still am. It’s not the most impressive gaming-focused feature though; that award goes to the magnetic pop-up triggers, found on the right-side of the smartphone (or the top left and right when gaming horizontally). Hidden when not in use, the triggers simply pop out by flipping the switches that sit home next to each, providing a more console-esque gaming experience without the need to carry around accessories. A gaming phone it most definitely is though, complete with RGB lighting on the rear – although it is a bit lacklustre compared to most gaming peripherals that come packed with bright lights. Instead, you’re treated to a single triangular RGB panel that sits just beneath the rear-facing cameras, customisable to display different colours and patterns when you’re gaming, getting calls and more.
The camera bump on the back is a little too pronounced and angular for our tastes, but it’s by no means ugly. All these features are available in the 4 Pro phone at a very reasonable price. Even better, the last time we checked online, we discovered the phone is 5G capable.
- Through the Shark Space 4.0 on JOYUI 12.5, users can quickly get access to network settings, performance adjustment, mute-notification, and other functions in the game.
- The Snapdragon 888 may now be bested by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, but it’s still more than capable of handling the best mobile games of the moment, and then some.
- Hardcore gamers may want this supposed competitive advantage.
- The ultra-wide is great for scenic shots or group photos, but only in the very best lighting conditions.
- LINK Customers can always be certain that gadgets capabilities can be increased by downloading and installing upgraded firmware, whereas in this article we will explain how to do it.
In his spare time, you’ll find Jason looking for good dogs to pet or thinking about eating pizza if he isn’t already. The Battery comes with a powerful non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh and fast charging support.
- The Black Shark 4 Pro fields a triple camera setup at the rear, with a 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide, and a 5MP macro.
- It comes with an impressive 165Hz AMOLED display, a 5,000mAh battery, 65W fast charging, a 720Hz touch sampling rate, and one of the best cooling systems that I have ever seen.
- Black Shark 4 Pro upgrades the sandwich liquid cooling system, guaranteeing a stable performance all the time.
- It also allows for game macros – something not found on most gaming phones – that allow you to trigger repetitive actions with a single tap of a button, further aligning the PC and mobile gaming experiences.
- The smartphone stands out with good sound in everyday use, which is not completely convincing, but still sounds better than many other smartphones in this price range.
There’s a faster processor, moving up to the Snapdragon 870 in the standard Black Shark 4 and the Snapdragon 888 in the 4 Pro. Both phones also come with fast LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage, though each will come in different configurations.